Monday 25 February 2013

Music of the Month - February

Spring is nearly here now in Northern England - a few flowers are out and the snow is finally gone. To celebrate the coming of the good weather I have decided to share some of the music I have been listening to to get me through the winter. I think it would be nice if I could carry this on every month, for I love discovering and sharing music - it is such a special thing and an important part of human culture. [Just to clarify I do not own any of these videos, they are off Youtube].

Matt Corby - Brother and My False
All the way from Australia, Matt Corby is one hell of a musician. The music he creates is utterly beautiful and soulful. To me, Matt Corby's voice is the most beautiful in the world - even challenging the legend that is Art Garfunkel! - it is full of soul, passion and grace, and the range to his voice is just outstanding. These two tracks are my favourite, but I find all of his music absolutely wonderful. Have a listen, you will not be disappointed!



Joe Banfi - Nomads and Where Did You Sleep Last Night?
I have recently had the fortune to get tickets to see Joe Banfi in March, on his first headline UK tour for the release of his new EP Nomads (cannot be recommended highly enough). I look forward to this date as I have been a fan of his for a while now. A relatively recent addition to Communion Records' wealth of talents, Joe Banfi is a promising musician. His voice can go from a quiet whisper to an emotional howl often in one song, sometimes in the same line - his music is filled with raw emotion and passion and the stories he tells through song are outstanding. I love the split screen music video for Nomads - a nice piece of filming there!



The Tiger & Me - I Left The Wolves Behind That Night and Pantomime
The Tiger & Me are a wonderful sextet from Melbourne, Australia. Having six talented musicians, including three lead singers, in one band, you would expect the music to be very complex and unusual - it is, and that is part of the beauty of the band. Combining elements of folk, rock, waltz, gypsy and pop, and mixing them together, this band creates some truly wonderful and unique pieces of music. They have recently released a new album The Drifter's Dawn which features the wonderfully bright Pantomime. The epically good I Left The Wolves Behind That Night comes from their amazing album From A Liar To A Thief. The video of that particular song that I have included is great - wonderfully shot, and really shows how talented this band is. Enjoy!



Hope these few songs have brightened up you're day wherever you are!
Best Wishes 

No comments:

Post a Comment